Pear and Arugula Salad
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup quartered and thinly sliced red onion
- 6 strips thick-cut applewood smoked bacon
- 1 (5 oz.) package baby arugula
- 2 small firm but ripe pears, cored and cut into bite-size slices
- 3 oz. crumbled Londoner Wensleydale with Cranberries Cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
In a very large bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Stir in onion and set aside.
In a large skillet, cook bacon until very crisp. Drain on paper towels and coarsely crumble.
Add arugula and pears to bowl with dressing and toss well to coat. Place on 6 salad plates and top with warm bacon, cheese and walnuts. Makes 6 servings.
Cook's Tip: For an extra hit of cranberry flavor, top each salad with a generous pinch of dried cranberries.